(November’s motif, Cabled Eyelets, is pictured above.)
First Tuesday of Every Month beginning November 1st at 7:30pm
- Knit a beautiful 12″x12″ square with a different stitch motif each month.
- After you complete 12 squares, join them all together to create a gorgeous blanket you will be so proud of.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE 12×12 MONTHLY MOTIF GROUP:
- Empower yourself as a knitter; you will no longer be intimidated by tough knitting patterns.
- Learn every knitting pattern abbreviation I can find and the needle techniques to complete it.
- Learn to knit cables, lace, bobbles, special ribbing, various increases and decreases, to read difficult knitting charts, advanced patterns and much more!
- Use the stitch patterns you learn to create other special knitted items like scarves, baby blankets, cowls, etc.
- If you have a busy schedule, the 12×12 monthly group is perfect. Just once a month – it is enough knitting to keep it fresh, and you will still learn a ton.
- I took a class like this. You will become a great knitter. It works – I promise! 🙂
All you need to know to join the 12×12 group are the knit and purl stitches.
Make-up classes available if you need to miss a class.
$25 per month or 5 for $100 (+ supplies) Includes extra-help when you need it.
Needles: One set of size US 8 straight needles will be reused each month.
Yarn: Approximately 175 yards of worsted-weight yarn per month, plus 300 yards for finishing. Yarn must be 100% wool. Suggestions are Cascade 220 (That’s what I’m using. Available at The Knitting Store – 2 Poole Street in Oceanside 516.442.0722) – OR – Paton’s Classic Wool (available at Michael’s). Keep dye lots in mind when making your purchases.
Upcoming dates: 11/1, 12/6, 1/3…
Thank you, and please join me on November 1st!
On My Needles: Month 1 – Cabled Eyelets